Contact: Helen Melahouris
The Unprecedented Becomes a Platform for Hope! It is not often that one has an opportunity to glean from some of the most respected Christian movements and the leaders of those movements in our nation and world who have gathered together in one place at one time, but that is what happened for two days in a hotel near Dallas and Ft. Worth, Texas, on February 22 and 23, 2016. It is something like a dream, but more!
As the heads of seven Pentecostal denominations came together to pray, collaborate, listen, share, and tackle some of the biggest issues that our world faces, the Holy Spirit moved in power, turning this moment in time into one of uncommon grace and purpose. Those seven leaders present for this strategic event were:
- Randall A. Bach, President, Open Bible Churches
- Dr. A.D. Beacham, Jr., General Superintendent, theInternational Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr., Presiding Bishop of theChurch of God in Christ, Inc.
- Glenn Burris, Jr., President, the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
- Sam Clements, General Overseer, Church of God of Prophecy
- Mark L. Williams, General Overseer, Church of God
- George O. Wood, General Superintendent, The General Council of the
Assemblies of God
The conversations included vital issues we all face and how the Church may help to bring the answers of divine intervention to bear upon a number of critical concerns. Topics such as racial reconciliation and cross-cultural relationships, urban socio-economic conditions, education, the restoration of children and families, engaging the next generation to a rising hope and purpose, and the global conflicts and the adverse effects of terror and fear on this world.
The result? The people of God must be those who—led by the Holy Spirit—courageously choose to press in for answers, seeking peace in the face of these struggles, even at the cost of public opinion and personal comfort.
Action steps of intentional partnership were mutually agreed upon, with the expressed willingness of all to cross the boundaries of mistrust, fear and uncertainty to proactively pursue ongoing and deeper relationships with one another and the broader Body of Christ.
A direction has been forged, and a decision to partner together has been made by these key leaders that will create a fresh destiny of hope for our nation and world.
This is just the beginning!