Who Reads What Newspapers?
1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.
2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.
3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country.
4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand the Washington Post. They do, however, like their statistics shown in pie chart format.
5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could spare the time, and if they didn't have to leave LA to do it.
6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country and they did a far superior job of it, thank you very much.
7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country, and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.
8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who's running the country, as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.
9. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure there is a country or that anyone is running it; but whoever it is, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are handicapped minority feminist atheist dwarfs who also happen to be illegal aliens from ANY country or galaxy, as long as they are Democrats.
10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country but need the baseball scores.
11. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.
How would you rate this joke?
(Poor) 1 2 3 4 5 (Very Good)
[Editor's comment: Lighten up with Laughter has become the most popular article or blog in Hugh's News. You can blame Lonnie Rex for staying on my case to start this section or segment of Hugh's News.
Whenever Arlette Revells leads our Sunday school class as a facilitator, she will most likely read a joke from Lighten Up With Laughter. She is so dramatic and skillful as a pubic speaker she can really make the joke zing and sing. She is so good. You ought to consider becoming a member of the Celebration Class hosted by Lavon and Arlette Revells.
This Sunday we will not have our class since the men and women are setting up the fellowship hall known as Stephanie's Place for a luncheon following morning worship. Sunday is Pastor Appreciation Sunday, and we plan to be extravagant in our giving to our Pastor Matt Adams, and his wife, Rachel, and their children, Ben, Lydia, and Hannah.
Giving out of a heart of love blesses the recipient as well as us the giver. Jesus said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).]