In an email from Russel on January 1, 2016, he wrote, "If you think it would be helpful or interesting, you may share it with your readers.
Happy new year to you and your family!
Paul’s Resolutions from Romans
1. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
2. Let love be genuine.
3. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.
4. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
5. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
6. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.
7. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
8. Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.
9. Pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.
10. Preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, but as it is written, "Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand."
[Editor's Comment: What do you think? I would like your feedback. Do you like Russell's emphasis on Scripture? Can you apply these Biblical resolutions in your life? I invite you to write me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your ideas and reflections are always welcomed.