Text: Charles Wesley
Music: Carl G. Glaser; arr. by Lowell Mason
Tune: AZMON, Meter: CM
You may listen to Kelly Nelon Thompson sing an arrangement of "O For a Thousand tongues to Sing" on the Bill Gaither homecoming singers followed by the Gospel song "Leave it There" with words "Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there."
You may Click Here on this hyperlink to access this YouTube video for your spiritual blessings.
1. O for a thousand tongues to sing
my great Redeemer's praise,
the glories of my God and King,
the triumphs of His grace!
2. My gracious Master and my God,
assist me to proclaim,
to spread through all the earth abroad
the honors of Thy name.
3. Jesus! the Name that charms our fears,
that bids our sorrows cease;
'tis music in the sinner's ears,
'tis life, and health, and peace.
4. He breaks the power of canceled (reigning) sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean;
His blood availed for me.
5. He speaks, and listening to His voice,
new life the dead receive;
the mournful, broken hearts rejoice,
the humble poor believe.
6. Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb,
your loosened tongues employ;
ye blind, behold your Savior come,
and leap, ye lame, for joy.
7. In Christ, your head, you then shall know,
shall feel your sins forgiven;
anticipate your heaven below,
and own that love is heaven.